Taipei European School is looking to appoint one full time Data Security Officer whose role is to ensure the School’s operating information is safe and accurate; his or her responsibilities include but not limited to system operation, maintenance, risk assessment, improvement plan and organization-wide compliance assurance.
If you believe you have the dedication and passion to work with us including strong demonstrated experience in a similar environment, please apply with a cover letter, resume and TES application form.
• Review and ensure there is a comprehensive information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
• Review and ensure IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies meet security requirements.
• Periodic report on the organization data security status and provide improvement plan.
• Coaches members of the IT teams, particularly IT leaders, so everyone stays on the same page across the school.
• Communicates with other executive members to make sure all parts of the school use technology in the best ways possible.
• Review the school’s IT infrastructure to ensure a secure disaster recovery and business continuity plan is in place.
• Ensure organizational compliance to the local and relevant laws and regulations.
The candidate must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and Information Engineering or equivalent.
To perform tasks competently, a data security officer must have good communication skills and be customer-oriented. He also must be able to work in teams and establish effective relationships with clients, peers and superiors. Successful candidate must also demonstrate relevant experience Data Protection measurement and or show that he or she is compliant.
It is also helpful to have good understanding and programming skills in the following:
Database and Data Security Management:
• RDBMS (MySQL, SQL Server)
• Data Management Skills
• Finance ERP and HR platforms (MS Dynamics AX, GSS/RADAR)
• School information management systems
Server and Virtual Host Server (and Google G suite):
• Virtualization technologies (WMware, ESXi/vSphere)
• Windows server, Linux Ubuntu server
• Active Directory
• Google domain, G Suite