The British Primary Section of Taipei European School is looking to appoint enthusiastic and motivated Supply Learning Assistant to assist the Class Teacher in the smooth running of the classroom and support learning.
• Assists in the early morning preparation of the classroom and activities as required by the teacher
• Checks the Home-Link books every morning and relay relevant messages to the teacher
• Ensures any communication to the parents in the pupil’s folder at the end of the day
• Informs relevant school personnel of any concerns regarding the students. Do not enter into dialogue with parents regarding student’s academic progress or behaviour in school
• Maintains supervision, good order and discipline among the students and safeguard their health and safety in accordance with the school’s regulations and policy statements
• Maintains a well presented, stimulating and organised classroom environment for student learning
• Assists the pupils in changing their clothing as required
• Supervises the class for short periods without the teacher being present if the occasion presents itself
• Supervises the afternoon line up with the teacher and help escort the pupils to their transport home.
• Communicates the efficiency and proceedings of the day to the teacher
• Contributes to the planning, evaluation and assessment within the classroom
• Contributes to the supervision of the children in the playground in accordance with the duty rota
• Assists in the tidying up of the classroom during and after the school day
• Performs any other duties, deemed reasonable and as required by Line Manager and/or Head of Section.
Candidates must have a good command of English and experience working with the above age group. Experience of working in a mainstream international school with a Western pedagogical background would be a significant advantage.
Please apply with a letter of application and completed Application Form. This should include the names and addresses of two referees and when completed should be uploaded to School website.