The British Primary Section is looking to appoint a Counsellor to work within the school. We are looking to recruit a counsellor to provide a range of counselling based interventions appropriate to the needs of our students. Candidates must have a recognised professional counselling, psychotherapy or counselling psychology qualification, be accredited or eligible for accreditation by the BACP, UKCP, BPS or equivalent and have good organisational, administrative and IT skills.
Job start: August 2018
Contract term: Fixed Term
The closing date of the application: 12 of January, 2018.
The main responsibilities for this role will be:
• To offer pupils individual counselling and support, relating to a diverse range of issues, and to work with families as appropriate;
• To contribute to the PSHE programme;
• To develop strategies to promote emotional intelligence throughout our student body;
• To network and liaise with colleagues from our Individual Pupil Support Team and with personnel from other agencies with a view to easing referrals and accessing specialist consultants;
• To create links with the British Secondary and High School counselling services to provide a continuity of experiences for students.
You will bring to the post:
• A non-judgemental outlook and a willingness to work with all kinds of people;
• Excellent observation and listening skills;
• Patience, tolerance and sensitivity;
• An understanding of your own attitudes and responses;
• A belief that all clients are able to make positive changes;
• An appreciation of confidentiality issues.
Please apply with a letter of application and completed Application Form. This should include the names and addresses of two referees and when completed should be uploaded online.