The British Primary Section of Taipei European School is looking to appoint enthusiastic and motivated teachers to join our primary team. We have three vacancies in Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
Job start: August 2018
Contract term: Fixed Term
The closing date of the application: 12 of January, 2018.
Teachers at Taipei European School make the education of their pupils their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers at Taipei European School act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of their pupils.
A teacher at Taipei European School must:
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils.
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
4. Plan and teach well structured lessons.
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
8. Fulfil wider professional responsibilities.
A teacher is expected to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct. The following statements define the behaviour and attitudes which set the required standard for conduct at our top international school.
Teachers uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside Taipei European School, by:
• treating pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• having regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being, in accordance with statutory provisions
• showing tolerance of and respect for the rights of others
• not undermining fundamental European values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
• ensuring that personal beliefs are not expressed in ways which exploit pupils’ vulnerability or might lead them to break the law.
Teachers must have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of Taipei European School, and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality.
Teachers must have an understanding of, and always act within, the policies and procedures which set out their professional duties and responsibilities at Taipei European School.
Candidates must have a minimum of a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE and appropriate experience. Experience of working in a mainstream international school with a Western pedagogical background would be a significant advantage. You will need to be a qualified teacher who is a fluent English speaker and who is an excellent communicator. We are looking for someone who is passionate about children’s learning and who will participate fully in the life of our school.
Please apply with a letter of application and completed Application Form. This should include the names and addresses of two referees and when completed should be uploaded online.