Teachers at Taipei European School make the education of their pupils their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers at Taipei European School act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of their pupils.
A teacher at Taipei European School must:
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils.
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
4. Plan and teach well structured lessons.
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
8. Fulfil wider professional responsibilities:
• make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
• develop effective professional relationships with colleagues, knowing how and when to draw on advice and specialist support
• deploy support staff effectively
• take responsibility for improving teaching through appropriate professional development, responding to advice and feedback from colleagues
• communicate effectively with parents and a wide range of stakeholders with regard to the curriculum we offer, pupils’ achievements and well-being.
Candidates must have a minimum of a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE and appropriate experience. Experience of working in a mainstream international school with a Western pedagogical background would be a significant advantage.